Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sunny Days and Travel Plans

Things have been a bit more low key around here the last few days. We've had lots of sun and Erin and I spent some time doing a bit of shopping to get outside for a bit. Yesterday we had to write our placement exams, so I've been spending time studying for that in between the day-to-day things. I think everything went ok there and I'll find out what level I've been placed in on Tuesday. Classes don't start until Wednesday the 12th, so we have some more time off before school starts :)

This Sunday we went to church at an Evangelical Baptist church (the same one we went to for Thursday night bible study) and it was great! It was so nice to be welcomed by such friendly, caring people. I was surprised at how much of the sermon I could follow. I guess it's important for pastors to speak loudly and clearly in front of the church, so that helped me a lot! After church everyone goes downstairs to eat lunch together and it ends up being a bring-your-own/potluck mix since everyone shares their extra food. We got to try some sort of delicious cake that tasted like it was made with nutella. So good!

The church also has an evening service which we attended. It's more geared towards people in their 20's in university or starting out in their careers. Before we went we stopped by the Eiffel Tower, just in time for sunset. It was beautiful!


Just a bit of perspective on how big the arches were. No wonder it all felt so open!


This is the beautiful sunset we got to see with the tower at our backs.

So now we have almost a whole week off before school. What ever will we do, you ask? Go to Prague and Vienna. We fly out tonight at 8! So excited!

I will have lots to post after we get back, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment